[comp.sys.atari.st] New release 1stw2ps

U00170@HASARA5.BITNET (10/14/87)

New release of 1stw2ps (1st-word to postscript).
Bug fixed: backslash and soft hyphen now prints correctly.
Image path problem solved.
New: different styles for headers.
Prints now (hopefully) correct on every postscript printer, including
backwards printing of pages.

I will post this to the fileserver ATARINET at UHUPVM1.
I am for some reason unable to reach Turner. What is his correct
addres, is it on uucp, csnet or what?

For those not on BITNET and unable to reach UHUPVM1, send me a message
and I wil try to send you a copy. Please be as precise or complete as
possible about your address, and include as much as possible different
addresses, since a lot of addresses are uneachable for me.

1stw2ps. Converts a FIRST-WORD or WORDPLUS document into POSTSCRIPT.
Ready to print on any postscript understanding device like the
apple laserprinter.

Content of archive:

Name          Length    Storage    SF   Size now  Date       Time    CRC
============  ========  ========  ====  ========  =========  ======  ====
1STW2PS.DOC       3901  Crunched   41%      2309  12 Oct 87  10:38p  EF40
1STW2PS.PRG      54799  Crunched   39%     33436  12 Oct 87  10:20p  0DF5
1STW2PS.RSC       7934  Crunched   50%      3977  12 Oct 87  10:20p  D56B
PS.HEX            1568  Crunched   64%       567  12 Oct 87  10:19p  9C3C
PSSTART.DAT       5822  Crunched   47%      3090  12 Oct 87   9:21p  5FB5
        ====  ========            ====  ========
Total      5     74024             42%     43379

Berend F. de Vries
U00170@HASARA5.BITNET
1e Nassaustraat 18-III
1052 BG  Amsterdam
Holland

ljdickey@water.UUCP (10/16/87)

In article <8710140152.AA28209@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> U00170@HASARA5.BITNET writes:
> I will post this to the fileserver ATARINET at UHUPVM1.
> I am for some reason unable to reach Turner. What is his correct
> address, is it on uucp, csnet or what?

	I think it would be nice if we had news groups
	to which we could post sources and binaries.

It is time to re-think our decision to have  *MODERATED*  ST news groups.

For obvious reasons, messages, sources, and binaries should be posted to
separate groups.  But unfortunately, the MODERATING process is not working.
A few things are being posted to this group and nothing has been
appearing in "comp.sources.atari.st" and "comp.binaries.atari.st".

It is better to receive things unmoderated, than to receive nothing at all.

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@watmath.UUCP		UUCP: ...!uunet!watmath!ljdickey

U00170@HASARA5.BITNET (02/19/88)

Since I have not seen this message in any of the ATARI-16 digests
I post this again:

        New release 1stw2ps  Version 3.1  4 February 1988

1stw2ps is a program that makes a postscript file from a 1stWord
or WordPlus file.  The printout you will get looks much better than
that from any 24-pin, dot-matrix printer.

Spaces are adjusted so that each space occupies the same length on
a line.

New:    Several special characters are supported:
       -- Output to RS-232 or Centronics.
       -- Special header fontstyles.
       -- Date and time inclusion.
       -- Most (all?) bugs are fixed. I just forgot them.

Contents of (uue) archive :

Name          Length    Storage    SF   Size now  Date       Time    CRC
============  ========  ========  ====  ========  =========  ======  ====
1STW2PS.HEX       1554  Crunched   68%       501   4 Feb 88  11:23p  03ED
1STW2PS.INI       7264  Crunched   47%      3885   4 Feb 88  11:03p  E0FB
1STW2PS.MAN       5108  Crunched   43%      2918   4 Feb 88  11:20p  4B17
1STW2PS.PRG      59996  Crunched   36%     38590   4 Feb 88  11:02p  7806
1STW2PS.RSC       7986  Crunched   50%      4029   4 Feb 88  11:30p  F85F
        ====  ========            ====  ========
Total      5     81908             40%     49923

1STW2PS.HEX is a hexidecimal file for INSTALL.PRG which shows the
characters available in 1stw2ps.
1STW2PS.INI is the laser printer initialisation file.
1STW2PS.MAN is the manual.

I am sending a copy to the file-server at Houston (UH-INFO@UHUPVM1). If
somebody out there will be so kind as to post it to atari16.sources or
whatever it is called, I'll appreciate it.

Any remarks, suggestions or just a "keep up the good work" are welcome.

Greetings,

Berend F. de Vries
U00170@HASARA5.BITNET
1e Nassaustraat 18-III
1052 BG  Amsterdam
Holland.
                        ======================

federico@actisb.UUCP (Federico Heinz) (02/23/88)

In article <8802190450.AA06399@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> U00170@HASARA5.BITNET writes:
>1stw2ps is a program that makes a postscript file from a 1stWord
>or WordPlus file.
>   [...]
>I am sending a copy to the file-server at Houston (UH-INFO@UHUPVM1). If
>somebody out there will be so kind as to post it to atari16.sources or
>whatever it is called, I'll appreciate it.

Would somebody please post it to comp.sys.atari.st (.binaries. seems to be
dead anyway)? I, and I suppose other people too, get just no response from
UH-INFO. Thanks

		Federico Heinz
BIX:  fheinz				| Beusselstr. 21
UUCP: ...!unido!tub!actisb!federico	| 1000 Berlin 21
Tel:  (030) 396 77 92			| F.R. Germany.