[comp.sys.atari.st] It's dead, Jim. comp.*.atari.st

turner@daisy.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (02/22/88)

Due to the increasing infringment of my job on my free time (how dare they (;-)
I find that I do not have the time to maintain comp.binaries and comp.sources
the way they should be. Therefore I am withdrawing as moderator of these
groups, if some brave person would like to pick them up, please send me email
and I will send you the archives, programs etc.

Actually I am telling a half truth, it is also Atari's approach to the software
side of the business that has disheartened me somewhat, they seem to feel that
software is of secondary (if that high) importance and the malaise is infect-
ious. I have not stated this as well as I wanted to, but....

--
Laissez les bons temps rouler                     -  Queen Ida
...{decwrl|ucbvax}!imagen!atari!daisy!turner (James M. Turner)

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (02/24/88)

In article <856@daisy.UUCP> turner@daisy.UUCP (D'arc Angel) writes:

 [ withdrawl from moderation deleted ]

>Actually I am telling a half truth, it is also Atari's approach to the software
>side of the business that has disheartened me somewhat, they seem to feel that
>software is of secondary (if that high) importance and the malaise is infect-
>ious. I have not stated this as well as I wanted to, but....

Jim, I'd like to hear the rest.  Go ahead leap on the soapbox!
(But next time don't use such big words; remember who you want to
have understand this.)

It sounds like you, and several others are finally giving up on Atari,
and I'm sure you wouldn't do that for anything but a good reason.  I'd
like to know what those reasons are.  We all have a stake in this thing.

Thanks for all your efforts, and better luck next time!
--
David Beckemeyer			| "To understand ranch lingo all yuh
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| have to do is to know in advance what