[comp.sys.atari.st] Lazer C Shipping & Jan 29 version of WordPerfect

parora@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Pavneet Arora) (02/24/88)

I called Megamax this morning and was told that Lazer C was being shipped
as of last weekend.  Good news.  I am eager to get it since I mistakenly
sent in my utilities disk without making a backup :-{.  Perhaps Michel
can confirm this.

Also good news for WP users.  I have recieved the Jan 29 version of WP and
it is very much improved over the previous ones.  One annoying bug seems to
be when you try to back up past the beginning of the file or past the
end of file, the cursor jumps back into the file.  i.e. if you are pressing
LEFT ARROW on the first character of the file, the cursor jumps into the
file by about 5-10 chars.  It almost seems like it thinks that it is in
reveal codes and positions the cursor past all the codes??
Overall though I think that the revision has helped immensely.  I also
understand the wp_print is to be updated in the near future.

It's feels nice to be able to write about good news once in a while.

Pavneet Arora
parora@utgpu.

kenchiu@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kenneth Chiu) (02/24/88)

In article <1988Feb23.211916.19791@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> parora@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Pavneet Arora) writes:
>One annoying bug seems to
>be when you try to back up past the beginning of the file or past the
>end of file, the cursor jumps back into the file.  i.e. if you are pressing
>LEFT ARROW on the first character of the file, the cursor jumps into the
>file by about 5-10 chars.  It almost seems like it thinks that it is in
>reveal codes and positions the cursor past all the codes??

I've seen this behavior before, and I think you are correct in saying that it
seems like the cursor is positioned before all codes.  But this is correct
behavior as described in the manual.  You ARE supposed to be able to position
the cursor before all codes by using the arrow keys only.

So anyway you can get this "strange" behavior if you have some margin codes in
your document.

michel@megamax.UUCP (Michel Rynderman) (02/26/88)

Yes, Laser C is shipping! |-))))))   In fact most everyone who sent in to
upgrade should have received Laser C by now.

Michel @ megamax
--
The views expressed herein and thereabout are necessarily and unconditionally
the intentions to sprout forth a vast array of knowledge and understanding