[comp.sys.atari.st] Operating systems

AB084@DK0RRZK0.BITNET (02/28/88)

Well, here I am again bringing up my favourite topic
once more. Sorry to bother you again as most of you seem totally uninterested.
There was no reply to my last letter and I am about to give up.
One last (well, no warranty...) try follows.
Is anybody on the net willing to run two or three benchmarks on an ST
under Idris and under OS-9? I can send you the sources or alternatively
tell you where to find them. Some of the sources we have are in C and some
in FORTRAN. The tests I am thinking of are for instance: dhrystone, whetstone,
and linpack.
In an earlier letter I mentioned the OS's EUMEL and RTOS-UH. I said if noone
else does it I would be ready to write a short description. I don't know too
much about them, though. How many people would be (seriously) interested in
such a thing?
  Come on, friends, don't let me despair
Yours
Michael Eibl
Institut fuer Theoretische Physik
Universitaet zu Koeln
Koeln, West Germany

piner@pur-phy (Richard Piner) (03/01/88)

In article <8802280137.AA02815@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> AB084@DK0RRZK0.BITNET writes:
>Is anybody on the net willing to run two or three benchmarks on an ST
>under Idris and under OS-9? I can send you the sources or alternatively
>tell you where to find them. Some of the sources we have are in C and some
>in FORTRAN. The tests I am thinking of are for instance: dhrystone, whetstone,
>and linpack.
>  Come on, friends, don't let me despair
>Yours
>Michael Eibl

Sorry to use a followup to reply, but the above address is unknown to
our mailer. I would be glad to try running a couple of bench marks
on the ST under OS9. Just mail me the sources. I have both fortran
and C compilers for OS9.
				Richard Piner
				piner@newton.physics.purdue.edu