[comp.sys.atari.st] New version of Turtle?

jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning) (03/01/88)

Does anyone have a version of Turtle newer than 2.15?  George Woodside
(the author) tells me there's a 2.16 which fixes the bug that's stopping
me from doing backups.  He said it's floating around Genie, Compuserve,
maybe some other places, but I haven't seen any mention of it here.  If
anyone has a copy, could you forward it to me or post it to the list?

Thanks in advance.

woodside@ttidca.TTI.COM (George Woodside) (03/03/88)

In article <19880301154715.3.JRD@GRACKLE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM> jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning) writes:
>Does anyone have a version of Turtle newer than 2.15?  George Woodside
>(the author) tells me there's a 2.16 which fixes the bug that's stopping
>me from doing backups.  He said it's floating around Genie, Compuserve,
>maybe some other places, but I haven't seen any mention of it here.

Yes, there is a 2.16, and even a 2.17. I haven't posted them to the net
because the changes are minor, and 2.18 will be a more significant change.
I'll post that when it's ready.

The only reason you may need 2.16 or 2.17 is bug fixes, for some very
obscure bugs. If you are having problems, mail me a disk, and I'll send
you a copy of 2.17. If you're looking for new features, you have to wait
for 2.18. It will allow you to set up your options in a data file, do an
install application on the data file type, and use it to launch TURTLE.
It will then come up with all your options set (including PATH and disk
number). That allows you to set up option data files for each different
backup sequence you have.

It also has the directory full bug fix, of course. It should hit the net
in a couple of weeks.

If you do happen to be encountering the RAMdisk directory full problem,
and can't get a backup done, mail me a disk:

          George R. Woodside
          5219 San Feliciano Drive
          Woodland Hills, Ca.   91364

--
*George R. Woodside - Citicorp/TTI - Santa Monica, CA

jesper@diku.dk (Jesper L. Lauritsen) (03/04/88)

In article <19880301154715.3.JRD@GRACKLE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM> jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning) writes:
>Does anyone have a version of Turtle newer than 2.15?  George Woodside
>(the author) tells me there's a 2.16 which fixes the bug that's stopping
>me from doing backups.  He said it's floating around Genie, Compuserve,
>maybe some other places, but I haven't seen any mention of it here.  If
>anyone has a copy, could you forward it to me or post it to the list?
Please post it.
Thanks in advance
--------
Jesper L.Lauritsen, U of Copenhagen, jesper@diku.UUCP or ibtjll@dkuccc11.BITNET