[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari 6.5 Icon memory problem.

NETWORK@FRSAC11.BITNET (03/04/88)

About Icon 6.5 for the Atari ST:

The release (e) as distributed, was a little tight in heap memory
available, aborting for some programs with a message complaining
about not enough space. (e.g. #309 or #310)

The MCC library for the C compiler is weird about memory management.
To overcome this, at execution time, you can change the heap size by:
iconx %300000 program-name
Where %300000 is an example of the heap memory size you request.

By default this request is 200000, enough to run all the Icon test suite
programs, but not enough for some other.
On a 1040ST, without shell, you can try up to aroud %700000.
This MCC "feature" *cant* be used from Icont, with the -x option.
(The % arg is not passed to iconx, but used by icont, that does not
need it.)

A modified version (f) with a default of 260000 is released,
and sent to:

userczak@ualtamts (bitnet)
listserv@canada01 (the useful prog-a16 server, on bitnet)
hahn_k@dmrhrz11 (earn, europe)
ihnp4!uwmcsd1!lakesys6martin (uucp-us)
ihnp4!ihlpe!orf (uucp-us)
ukc!uk!ac!qmc!maths!gcj (uucp-europe)

Please do all request from your closest site.
(I am myself in France, and cant handle large amount of orders.)

Regards,

Jean-Pierre H. Dumas

network@frsac11 (bitnet)
network%frsac11.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu (arpanet)
dumas@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (arpanet)

martin@lakesys.UUCP (Martin Wiedmeyer) (03/06/88)

In article <8803041517.AA19085@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> NETWORK@FRSAC11.BITNET writes:
>About Icon 6.5 for the Atari ST:

	[Text deleted}

>A modified version (f) with a default of 260000 is released,
>and sent to:

	[addresses deleted]

>ihnp4!uwmcsd1!lakesys6martin (uucp-us)

	There is a typo in my path, it is:

     inhp4!uwmcsd1!lakesys!martin (uucp-us)

>Please do all request from your closest site.
>(I am myself in France, and cant handle large amount of orders.)

	Thanks Jean-Pierre, for the implementation of Icon 6.5 for the ST.

	Marty Wiedmeyer
--
|	Marty Wiedmeyer				                           |
|       Lake Systems, Milwaukee, WI                                        |