[comp.sys.atari.st] RTX question

) (03/08/88)

A question concerning RTX. Would it possible to create processes within
a GEM application and to redirect stdout towards a selfwritten dev-driver ?
I am thinking of course of something like two or more shells executing
concurrently in two windows.
Should be possible or... ??

Loveletters & Hatemail to : wallman@yalecs     (Arpa UUCP Use)
                 Files to : WALLMANN@CTSTATEU  (Bitnet)
"The CPU is from Motorola
 The RAM is from Hitachi
 The Operating System is from DRI
 and the MMU is from Fancy Feast"

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (03/10/88)

In article <24700@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> wallman-george@CS.Yale.EDU (Natuerlich!) writes:
>A question concerning RTX. Would it possible to create processes within
>a GEM application and to redirect stdout towards a selfwritten dev-driver ?
>I am thinking of course of something like two or more shells executing
>concurrently in two windows.
>Should be possible or... ??

This is indeed possible.  That's exactly how VSH Manager works.

There are other ways to use GEM and RTX with multitasking too.
You can use messages to create the illusion of multi-tasking GEM.
Your GEM graphics applications can use a remote-call-procedure
technique to send GEM requests to a server that processes the
requests and takes care of necessary GEM process sensitive stuff.

Sorry about all the flapping, but I hope this gives some people
some ideas.
--
David Beckemeyer			| "To understand ranch lingo all yuh
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| have to do is to know in advance what