[comp.sys.atari.st] Translation of german articles

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (03/12/88)

c60b-at@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (John Kawakami -0^0-) writes:
>From what I read on the net and in magazines, it sounds like the real
>slick ST hacks are coming from Germany (volume wise).  What about
>English translations of selected German articles?  If there are none,
>is there a market for such a volume?  Is anyone out there competent
>and willing to translate?

Two problems would have to be solved (besides getting somebody to pay
for the work): sheer volume and the publication rights.

I would estimate that the monthly volume would be something like
20 to 30 pages of text (which is quite a lot to translate), from
four to five magazines which would have to agree to translation
and publication.

UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole			Simon Poole
BITNET: K538915@CZHRZU1A