[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari no-support

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (03/12/88)

In article <1010@atari.UUCP>, good@atari.UUCP (Roy Good)
>In article <188@forty2.UUCP>, poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) writes:
>> .................................................... will Atari mangement
>> make an official statement about a bug fixed GEMDOS version as an example?

>.................................................... The responses received
>have been summarized to about 12 pages. At an average of about 2 lines each,
>it runs to around 200 comments. We are very pleased with this level of
>response, as it shows a good degree of cooperation from the user base.
>In addition, we have solicited, and received, input from all of our
>subsidiaries.
>We will publish a list of features on all services as soon as we are confident
>of the final content of this next release, together with a summary of the
>major changes NOT made, with reasons.

I'm sure that most people would be content with having the bugs fixed
which are already present, before Atari starts adding new ones. As the
situation present itsself now, this does not look any different than
the repeated promises (you know: "We're working on it") we have heard
over the last two to three years, without having a single GEMDOS bug
actually fixed (and that over various 'TOS in RAM' versions and two
ROM versions). When will Atari stop stalling and actually do something?

UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole			Simon Poole
BITNET: K538915@CZHRZU1A