[comp.sys.atari.st] Translations of German articles.

c60b-at@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (John Kawakami -0^0-) (03/11/88)

From what I read on the net and in magazines, it sounds like the real
slick ST hacks are coming from Germany (volume wise).  What about
English translations of selected German articles?  If there are none,
is there a market for such a volume?  Is anyone out there competent
and willing to translate?

John

John Kawakami          /    c60b-at@buddy.berkeley.edu
  model american      /     cc-28@cory.berkeley.edu
   numbered account  /      ----*     -O^O-

leigh@byuvax.bitnet (03/12/88)

After the end of the current semester I could take a little time to translate
some articles if I could get copies of them.  I have studied German quite
extensively and spent ~22 months living there amongst the people.

End of April I would be willing to take a look.

Chad

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (03/13/88)

In article <1399@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> c60b-at@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (John Kawakami -0^0-) writes:
>From what I read on the net and in magazines, it sounds like the real
>slick ST hacks are coming from Germany (volume wise).

Thank you, in the name of all the non-netting german hackers.
(most of them don't even now about the net..)
> What about
>English translations of selected German articles?  If there are none,
>is there a market for such a volume?  Is anyone out there competent
>and willing to translate?

Willig: yes. Competent: Hmmm (speaking of me).

I do not see any market.
We had some kind of a try: a couple of idealistic youn people (including
me) tried to translate some stuff from american magazines.
All we got was a big "booo, german magazines do better!".
Could it be the same reversing the direction?

If I would know a little more english..

Maybe I can find someone in the Berlin american community who
understands my mothers language.
hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Berlin (West) (*east of West-Germany :-)
hase@netmbx.UUCP