[comp.sys.atari.st] looking bad.....

jpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert) (03/11/88)

---------

Did anyone see the editor's note on the inside front cover of Compute! ST ?

It was awful, of course Compute has never been a big ST supporter.

mpsimon@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (M. Patrick Simon) (03/13/88)

In article <1012@usl-pc.UUCP> jpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert) writes:
>---------
>
>Did anyone see the editor's note on the inside front cover of Compute! ST ?

What did it say?

saj@chinet.UUCP (Stephen Jacobs) (03/13/88)

In article <1012@usl-pc.UUCP>, jpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert) writes:
> ---------
>

> Did anyone see the editor's note on the inside front cover of Compute! ST ?
>
> It was awful, of course Compute has never been a big ST supporter.

What it said to me was that the ST is at a crossroad: either it's going to
be pushed ahead, or it's going to be pushed aside.  And Compute shouldn't be
written off: their ST books are a major contribution.  Very simply, the ST was
introduced as a great hacker machine.  It still isn't so bad, but it would be
nice to see the boxes on the shelves that would give it a future.