[comp.sys.atari.st] ABAQ-MC68030/Unix

c60b-at@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (John Kawakami -0^0-) (03/15/88)

In article <2672@crash.cts.com> fred@pnet01.cts.com (Fred Brooks) writes:
>I hope they will push the Unix machine. If they join the 68000 ABI then all
>software written for other Unix machines will run on the ATARI with out and
>mods. Not just source compatability but BINARY. It's the wave.
>Fred
>UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!fred
>ARPA: crash!pnet01!fred@nosc.mil
>INET: fred@pnet01.cts.com

THAT would just be too logical for Atari to take up.
And what's this I hear about NO SOURCE COMPATABILITY WITH UNIX on
the ABAQ??  If the machine's so hot, it should have a superset of
the standard unix function library.  Without "instant" systems that
are upgradeable, atari will not win customers.  Nowadays, people
expect a machine to come with software, especially $2000+ systems.

John Kawakami          /    c60b-at@buddy.berkeley.edu
  model american      /     cc-28@cory.berkeley.edu
   numbered account  /      ----*     -O^O-