[comp.sys.atari.st] wrong newsgroup

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (03/15/88)

In article <1542@hyper.UUCP> guest@hyper.UUCP (guest) writes:

>Logajan says:
>>>   Coercion - The initiation of the use of physical force, or the

Please continue this discussion in some other news group, or by mail.
--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@waterloo.edu

guest@hyper.UUCP (guest) (03/17/88)

In article <1462@water.waterloo.edu>, ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) writes:
> >Logajan says:
>
> Please continue this discussion in some other news group, or by mail.
>  L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.

Since Mr. Dickey is absolutely silent about any of the other
several dozen commentators on the subject of copyrights, I
am forced to conclude that he really means:

"Quit posting anything to this group that I disagree with."

If Mr. Dickey is of the opinion that no discussion of copyrights
belongs in this group, he should have said so.  His failure
to do so reveals his true motiviations, I suggest.

- John M. Logajan            {...!rutgers!} umn-cs!hyper!ns!logajan
- Network System Corp.;  7600 Boone Ave;   Brooklyn Park,  MN 55428

) (03/18/88)

*** REAL-FLAME-NOT-FOR-THE-FAINT-OF-HEART ***

Mr. Logajan non-cherished logic-mogul writes about Mr. Dickey's
posting requesting removal of this discussion from comp.sys.atari.st:
> Since Mr. Dickey is absolutely silent about any of the other
> several dozen commentators on the subject of copyrights, I
> am forced to conclude that he really means [something-deleted]
Even worse the little hypocrite (Mr. Dickey) posts stuff about
copyrights himself in comp.sys.atari.st.

Mr. Logajan himself, creator of the Coercion discussion has with some
really brain-damaged ideas tried to prove a point and failed and tried
again and failed again (see following). I proclaim the discussion about
Copyrights and Coercion hereby OVER. As any substance to it has been
ELIMINATED.
Thank you for tuning in to this discussion and Good Bye.

Personal to Mr. Logajan: Please try comeback tries first to the
loveletters and hatemail address down there, before corrupting innocent
minds with this cruft. Thank you.
*** END-OF-FLAME ***

Mr. Logajan wrote ...
> The General Theory of Reciprocity:
>    Anyone who initiates action X toward another cannot then rationally
>    object to the application of equivalent action X toward himself.

[deleted]
>4) Anyone who initiates the copying of software from another cannot object
>   to the copying of his software.  (Logajan's case -- proved!)

( Copying in itself is not illegal and doesn't help us with the discussion
 about software & copyrights. Rephrase this..)
Anyone who initiates the illegal copying of software from another cannot
object to the illegal copying of his software.
This says : "That a pirate shouldn't be pissed of if his (copyprotected)
software is copyied illegally from someone else"

Now , what does that have to do with Copyrights in the MAJORITY of cases ?
Nil Zippo Nothing.

Loveletters & Hatemail to : wallman@yalecs     (Arpa UUCP Use)
                 Files to : WALLMANN@CTSTATEU  (Bitnet)
An Atari commercial  : "The CPU is from Motorola
                        The RAM is from Hitachi
                        The Operating System is from DRI
                        and the MMU is from Fancy Feast"