[comp.sys.atari.st] requests for Uniterm 2.1

long@sask.UUCP (Warren Long) (03/17/88)

For some reason, Uniterm 2.0B has more problems with its RS 232
buffer locking up than I experienced with Uniterm 1.7B.

The symptoms are the ST being unable to send anything to the modem
while the modem is still able to send to the ST.  (eg, turning the
modem on/off results in the modem prompt '>' appearing onscreen,
but nothing the ST sends is echoed back).

This usually seems to happen during kermit downloads...

Therefore, what I would like is some way of clearing the buffer
(there was a program, FLUSHIT or something) to do this, even worked
sometimes...) Basically, I would like this function built in to
Uniterm...   How many others have this problem?  It used to be very
rare with 1.7B (about once every 2 weeks), with 2.0B it happens
twice a day.

Thanks Simon, I appreciate the product.

--
=-=-=-=-=-Warren Long at University of Saskatchewan, Canada-=-=-=-=-
Home: 78 Carleton Dr.,Saskatoon, Sasakatchewan, S7H 3N6

K538915@CZHRZU1A.BITNET (03/18/88)

From mcvax!uunet!ncc!alberta!sask!long (Warren Long) writes:
>For some reason, Uniterm 2.0B has more problems with its RS 232
>buffer locking up than I experienced with Uniterm 1.7B.
The code for serial line output is exactly the same, the bug has really
got nothing to do with UniTerm, it is a problem with the BIOS. BUT it
should never happen if you have flow-control turned off (I suspect
you did that with 1.7b), the last time I had a lockup (at 300, 1200
or 9600 baud) is more than one and a half years ago (I accidently
forgot to turn flow-control off).

>>Therefore, what I would like is some way of clearing the buffer
>(there was a program, FLUSHIT or something) to do this, even worked
>sometimes...) Basically, I would like this function built in to
>Uniterm...
If Alan Pratt makes the XOn/Off flags above the RS232 iorec 'official'
yes, otherwise no.

>Thanks Simon, I appreciate the product.
Thanks

UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole      Simon Poole
Bitnet: K538915@CZHRZU1A