[comp.sys.atari.st] Optic mice

rjung@castor.usc.edu (Robert Jung) (03/23/88)

In article <1722@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> c60b-at@buddy.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (John Kawakami -0^0-) writes:

>In a related vein,  anyone know how to hook up an optical mouse to the
>ST (or any other machine other than IBMacintosh).  The mice are about
>$75 and are _much_ nicer than mice with balls;-)  Should be a pretty
>simple effort (if you're an EE).

  Well, all the details escape me right now, but it *can* be done. I saw
somebody selling an optical mouse hookup for the Atari ST's at the latest
Glendale Atari Faire (version 2.0, ACENET -- home-town pride!)...

  If you're really interested, I can try and dig up the dealer/maker/whatever.

						--R.J.
						B-)

Bitnet: rjung@castor.usc.edu              "Who needs an Amiga?"    = == =
                                                                   = == =
                  Power WithOUT the Price                          = == =
   Just because it's 8-bits doesn't make it obsolete.          ====  ==  ====