[comp.sys.atari.st] UH-INFO dead?

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (03/15/88)

Last evening I tried sending a message to UH-INFO@UHUPVM1.bitnet
( UH-INFO at UHUPVM1 )
and the message was returned to me, along with some cryptic
notations.  Part of this response included this curious line:

	554 Mail to UH-INFO  is not allowed.

Does this mean that some administrator at the University of Houston
has closed down the file server?

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@waterloo.edu

uace0@uhnix2.UUCP (Michael B. Vederman) (03/24/88)

In article <1461@water.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) writes:
>Last evening I tried sending a message to UH-INFO@UHUPVM1.bitnet
>( UH-INFO at UHUPVM1 )
>and the message was returned to me, along with some cryptic
>notations.  Part of this response included this curious line:
>
>	554 Mail to UH-INFO  is not allowed.
>
>Does this mean that some administrator at the University of Houston
>has closed down the file server?
>
>--
> L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
>	ljdickey@waterloo.edu
>	ljdickey@watdcs.BITNET
>	ljdickey@water.UUCP	...!uunet!water!ljdickey

As far as I know, no problems exist.

They have been installing a lot of new equipment, as well as playing
around with communications lines, recently.

I know I have gotten unpredictable results at times trying to commnicate
with UH-INFO locally.  (I hate it.)

Unfortunately, I can do little to avoid or circumvent such problems.
If you do experience problems, please send me mail when the problem occurs.
Send mail to UACE0 at UHUPVM1, and described or carbon copy the error
message you get.  This would best help define the problems.

Sorry for any problems.... Just keep trying, it is still up.

- Mike
--
for (;;)                              : Use ATARINET, send an interactive
        do_it(c_programmers);         : message such as: