[comp.sys.atari.st] Microsoft word support for Epson printers

rowley@orville.nas.nasa.gov (Karl Rowley) (03/23/88)

In a recent posting I stated that Microsoft Write from Atari does not
include GDOS support for Epson FX-80 printers.  It seemed too dumb to be
true.

Well it is true, but there is a solution besides buying Easy Draw.  At
B and C Computervision last weekend  I saw some diskettes from Atari
labeled "GDOS Fonts and Device Driver".  There was one disk for the
Epson FX-80 printers, and one for a Star printer.  The disks were priced
at $5 each, a price not a soul could object to.  It was true, and it was
good.

Also, I picked up a copy of FONTZ!  More on this later ....

				Karl Rowley
				rowley@orville.nas.nasa.gov
				ames!orville.nas.nasa.gov!rowley

"Any views expressed are my own."

lharris@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Leonard Harris) (03/25/88)

In article <376@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> rowley@orville.nas.nasa.gov (Karl Rowley) writes:

>In a recent posting I stated that Microsoft Write from Atari does not
>include GDOS support for Epson FX-80 printers.  It seemed too dumb to be
>true.
>
>Well it is true, but there is a solution besides buying Easy Draw.  At
>B and C Computervision last weekend  I saw some diskettes from Atari
>labeled "GDOS Fonts and Device Driver".  There was one disk for the
>Epson FX-80 printers, and one for a Star printer.  The disks were priced
>at $5 each, a price not a soul could object to.  It was true, and it was
>good.
>
>Also, I picked up a copy of FONTZ!  More on this later ....
>
>				Karl Rowley
>				rowley@orville.nas.nasa.gov
>				ames!orville.nas.nasa.gov!rowley
>
>"Any views expressed are my own."

The copies of Microsoft Word being sold in Canada (still version 1.0) now
come with epson and okidata drivers.  One huge problem though... Word
reformats your document when using the graphics print and the epson
driver - so what you see IS NOT what you get.  Really frustrating on
long documents!
/leonard