[comp.sys.atari.st] LEVEE - bug with LVRC=

achowe@watmsg.waterloo.edu (CrackerJack) (03/14/88)

I was trying to use the LVRC environment variable with LV the
other day (using BDT csh) and LV just ignored the varaible.

Has anyone else had this problem?

- Ant

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (03/18/88)

In article <17465@watmath.waterloo.edu> achowe@watmsg.UUCP (CrackerJack) writes:

>I was trying to use the LVRC environment variable with LV the
>other day (using BDT csh) and LV just ignored the varaible.
>
>Has anyone else had this problem?

It might depend on the version of Micro C-Shell and which form of
env. variables LV understands.  If you have a csh version less than
2.70, and LV doesn't see LVRC doesn't work, then LV uses newer env.
strings, and you should upgrade your Micro C-Shell.

If you have 2.70 or higher csh then LV uses the old style env. and
you will have to use a filter to convert the env. before running LV.

By the way, you are using the setenv command right (not set)?
--
David Beckemeyer			| "To understand ranch lingo all yuh
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| have to do is to know in advance what

achowe@watmsg.waterloo.edu (CrackerJack) (03/21/88)

>>I was trying to use the LVRC environment variable with LV the
>>other day (using BDT csh) and LV just ignored the varaible.
>>
>>Has anyone else had this problem?
>
>It might depend on the version of Micro C-Shell and which form of
>env. variables LV understands.  If you have a csh version less than
>2.70, and LV doesn't see LVRC doesn't work, then LV uses newer env.
>strings, and you should upgrade your Micro C-Shell.
>
>If you have 2.70 or higher csh then LV uses the old style env. and
>you will have to use a filter to convert the env. before running LV.

>By the way, you are using the setenv command right (not set)?

I used setenv and I have BDT csh v2.70. The author of LV did comment
that he read the environment variables in some other format to that
of msh and csh. As for using a filter, I'll wait for an update.

By the way, has there been updates to csh since v2.70, ANSITerm and
Make? I haven't received any more literature since the last update.

--
Anthony C. Howe                         achowe@watmsg.waterloo.edu

"The definition of flying: throwing yourself at the ground and missing."
		- Douglas Adam's  "Life, the Universe and Everything"

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (03/24/88)

In article <17673@watmath.waterloo.edu> achowe@watmsg.waterloo.edu (CrackerJack) writes:
>I used setenv and I have BDT csh v2.70. The author of LV did comment
>that he read the environment variables in some other format to that
>of msh and csh. As for using a filter, I'll wait for an update.

I uploaded a short filter that is a short term fix (until a new LV).

>By the way, has there been updates to csh since v2.70, ANSITerm and
>Make? I haven't received any more literature since the last update.

We are in the process of mailing out new upgrade info to all registered
users.  The latest Micro C-Shell is 2.72 (new gem, push/popd), and
MT C-Shell is 1.20.   The mailings are going out in waves (sorry but
I can't afford a big mailing right now).  Those of you that are in a
hurry can send me email, and I can US Mail, or UUCP, or email the files.
The information is also available for downloading from the BDT bbs at
(415) 452-4792 (login as 'bbs' at the UNIX prompt).
--

mgh@ho4cad.ATT.COM (03/26/88)

> We are in the process of mailing out new upgrade info to all registered
> users.  The latest Micro C-Shell is 2.72 (new gem, push/popd), and
> MT C-Shell is 1.20.   The mailings are going out in waves (sorry but
> I can't afford a big mailing right now).  Those of you that are in a
> hurry can send me email, and I can US Mail, or UUCP, or email the files.
> The information is also available for downloading from the BDT bbs at
> (415) 452-4792 (login as 'bbs' at the UNIX prompt).
> --
> David Beckemeyer			| "To understand ranch lingo all yuh
> Beckemeyer Development Tools		| have to do is to know in advance what
> 478 Santa Clara Ave, Oakland, CA 94610	| the other feller means an' then pay
> UUCP: ...!ihnp4!hoptoad!bdt!david 	| no attention to what he says"

David,

I just purchased a copy of AnsiTerm which I believe is version 1.10
and tried to interface it with M T C-Shell also version 1.10. All I
get is either bombs or AnsiTerm with missing mouse pointer, not too
useful I may ask. I sent all my registration cards in for both. I gather
these two versions are not compatiable with one another. My question is
what versions of each program do I need to get them to work together?

					Matt Hetman