[comp.sys.atari.st] New Arcprogram for VAX/VMS and new UU**CODE for VAX/VMS

USER@DJUKFA53.BITNET (03/25/88)

Hi atarians !

I just fixed a small bug in my UU**CODE stuff for the VAX.
UUDECODE now can handle the Dumas splitted file format.
UUENCODE is not changed yet. (No time... sorry).
And there is another new program. I called it VMSARC.
It is ported from VMSSWEEP which is based on ARC V5.0 .
It is not able to put any file in the archive or change
anything inside the archive but that is planned for future version.
But can use many other features like Extract,List,Verbose List, etc.
The files that you extract from the archive are in a special format
so that you don't need Kermit with binary mode to tranfer it to the
Atari.

Both program packages are send to UH-INFO@UHUPVM1.BITNET.
If there is any server in another network that wants to have it
just leave me a mail.
If there is anybody who wants to talk about his experiences,problems etc.
or has suggestions for next versions just leave me a mail too.

Greetings

       Christian Bode
                             KPH017@DJUKFA11.BITNET
                             USER@DJUKFA53.BITNET  <-- prefer this one !

silvert@dalcs.UUCP (Bill Silvert) (03/27/88)

In article <8803251310.AA29945@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> USER@DJUKFA53.BITNET writes:
>I just fixed a small bug in my UU**CODE stuff for the VAX.
>UUDECODE now can handle the Dumas splitted file format.
>UUENCODE is not changed yet. (No time... sorry).

The Dumas code works fine under both SysV and 4.3 with only a minor
change (conout replaced by printf).  Dumas is on holidays but tells me
that he will be posting his latest version in a month or so.  The code
is very clean and portable, and should compile with minor changes on any
reasonable machine.

--
Bill Silvert, Modelling/Statistics Group, Biological Sciences Branch
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2