[comp.sys.atari.st] STARTGEM.PRG

Flash@UMass.BITNET (Rick Flashman) (03/23/88)

I have a small problem.  I am trying to find a version of STARGEM that
works with the new BLITTER ROMS that Atari has for the MEGAS.  The older
one of course wont work, since the location in the roms that it uses has
been moved.

My previous request resulted in a responce from a MEGA2 owner who sent
me a copy that crashed with 4 bombs at bootup, so it didnt work.

(Yes, I know how to UUDECODE, and I checked the file closely)  Does anybody
have any STARTGEM working that works on new roms, or idealy on both sets
of roms?

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Rick Flashman

1040 N. Pleasant Street, #381, Amherst, MA  01002. (413) 549-0173
Flash@UMASS.BITNET   -or-    Flash%UMASS.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
                   R-FLASHMAN on GEnie

Jinfu@cup.portal.com (03/24/88)

Please post startgem.prg if it's working for Mega/New ROM,
I am looking for the program too.

Jinfu Chen
Jinfu@cup.portal.com

Jinfu@cup.portal.com (03/28/88)

I downloaded the STARTGEM.ARC posted in the net here. After I
uudecode and unarc it, and put it into auto folder, with a file
named STARTGEM.INF which contains a line of text like:
A:\flash.prg

But it still doesn't with my Mega2! Am I doing something wrong
or the program?

Jinfu Chen
Jinfu@cup.portal.com

uace0@uhnix2.UUCP (Michael B. Vederman) (03/29/88)

In article <8803222015568F5.AFWS@Mars.UCC.UMass.EDU> Flash@UMass.BITNET (Rick Flashman) writes:
>(Yes, I know how to UUDECODE, and I checked the file closely)  Does anybody
>have any STARTGEM working that works on new roms, or idealy on both sets
>of roms?
>
>Rick Flashman
>
>1040 N. Pleasant Street, #381, Amherst, MA  01002. (413) 549-0173
>Flash@UMASS.BITNET   -or-    Flash%UMASS.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
>                   R-FLASHMAN on GEnie

Hello Rick,

ATARINET indeed has a version that works with the new ROMS.
Send for it and try for yourself.

I don't know if it works witht he old roms too.  :-]

Mike

--
for (;;)                              : Use ATARINET, send an interactive
        do_it(c_programmers);         : message such as: