[comp.sys.atari.st] life w/UUxxCODE

0ALEVI@POMONA.BITNET (04/05/88)

Date: 4 April 1988, 10:38:22 PST
From: 0ALEVI at POMONA
To:   INFO-ATARI16 at SCORE.STANFORD.EDU

Subject: life w/UUxxCODE

To everybody that responded to my question about uudecoding and
uuencoding files on a VMS system:
     Thank you very much!
Unfortunately, I don't have any immediate results.
This is what I'm going to have to do:
     either
            1)   somehow get the program which removes trailing blanks
                 and other such garbage from strangely formatted uuen-
                 coded files. (and uudecode it using uudecode.bas after
                 removing the trailing blanks, etc. from it)
                 ...time to go to another computer system!
     or
            2)   figure out what the blanks, garbage, etc. is and how
                 it relates to what my files SHOULD look like.
                 ...perhaps this will involve character conversions.
     or
            3)   find a dirty sewer-hole in which I can bawl away!

Wish me luck!  (please)

-Alan M. Levi