[comp.sys.atari.st] Pkunarc on the ST...

wayrynen@pnet02.cts.com (Darin Wayrynen) (04/11/88)

There is a unarcer on the ST that can handle level 9 compression.  Thomas
Zerucha wrote a unarc only program that can handle it.  I don't have any way
to uuencode it with this account (it's rather small even), so the best I can
do is offer it off my bbs.  You might ask him about posting it here though.  I
haven't actually tried to find a pkarc file to test on it, but knowing Thomas,
I think we can believe that it works...

/* Tom! use the pathname to write me... */

sreeb@pnet01.cts.com (Ed Beers) writes:
>The recent posting of man.arc flags what is likely to become a problem for all
>of us.  All of my pc oriented friends now us pkarc rather than arc.  Pkarc, by
>default, uses a compression technique that none of the atari arcs can decode.
>We need an updated arc before this gets worse.  I don't have time but pkarc
>originates from:
>
>pkware, inc
>7032 Ardara Ave
>Glendale, WI 53209
>
>If we get to disconnected from the pc mainstream, we'll probably all be using
>pc-ditto everytime we want to unarc anything.
>
>UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!sreeb
>ARPA: crash!pnet01!sreeb@nosc.mil
>INET: sreeb@pnet01.cts.com

UUCP: {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!wayrynen
INET: wayrynen@pnet02.cts.com
Think Tank BBS (602) 435-9645     || 8450 N 67th Ave #1052, Glendale, AZ 85302