[comp.sys.atari.st] Mark Williams C 3.0 Update

hmk@cosmo.UUCP (Martin Kroeber) (03/30/88)

I own the Mark Williams C-Compiler 2.0 and read about the new version 3.0
and the csd debugger. I would like to get this new vers. and the debugger
as fast as possible. According to the German distributor Markt & Technik
it will take them a while to offer it here in Germany.

Now my question: Is it possible to get the update directly from Mark Williams
and how do I get it?

Thanks, Hans-Martin Kroeber

wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu (Thomas Wolf) (04/01/88)

In article <1066@cosmo.UUCP> hmk@focus.UUCP (Hans-Martin Kroeber) writes:
>I own the Mark Williams C-Compiler 2.0 and read about the new version 3.0
>[deleted text]
>Now my question: Is it possible to get the update directly from Mark Williams
>and how do I get it?

I'm not sure about Mark William's policy for overseas owners of their com-
pilers, but here in the US, I just received my upgrade notice this week.
I assume that if you're a registered owner, you'd get the same notice.

Good luck.  (I can't wait for my upgrade :-)

Tom Wolf
ARPA (I think): tw@cscosl.ncsu.edu
          or  wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu

wes@obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) (04/03/88)

In article <1647@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu (Thomas Wolf) writes:
| In article <1066@cosmo.UUCP> hmk@focus.UUCP (Hans-Martin Kroeber) writes:
| >I own the Mark Williams C-Compiler 2.0 and read about the new version 3.0
| >[deleted text]
| >Now my question: Is it possible to get the update directly from Mark Williams
| >and how do I get it?
|
| I'm not sure about Mark William's policy for overseas owners of their com-
| pilers, but here in the US, I just received my upgrade notice this week.
| I assume that if you're a registered owner, you'd get the same notice.

Hans - you might try calling or writing to MWC.  I got my upgrade
notice Monday, and drove straight to the post office.  I put my trusty
ol' credit card # on it, and Express-Mailed it to them.
--
    /\              -  "Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!utah-gr!

decouty@irisa.UUCP (Bertrand Decouty) (04/13/88)

In article <113@obie.UUCP> wes@obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) writes:
>In article <1647@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu (Thomas Wolf) writes:
>| In article <1066@cosmo.UUCP> hmk@focus.UUCP (Hans-Martin Kroeber) writes:
>| >[deleted text]
>| >Now my question: Is it possible to get the update directly from Mark Williams
>| >and how do I get it?
>|
>| I'm not sure about Mark William's policy for overseas owners of their com-
>| pilers, but here in the US, I just received my upgrade notice this week.
>| I assume that if you're a registered owner, you'd get the same notice.
>
>Hans - you might try calling or writing to MWC.  I got my upgrade
>notice Monday, and drove straight to the post office.  I put my trusty
>ol' credit card # on it, and Express-Mailed it to them.
>--
I have received my upgrade notice 7 days ago and I have done the same thing!
OH, I live in France, so MWC policy is OK for overseas customers (I have not
yet received the package).

One question abour MWC V3.0 :
Has the macro buffer been raised from 200 bytes? It is a value
smaller than other compilers on Mac, Sun.. and this implies difficulties
when porting programs using many and large macros.

Thanks

    ----- Bertrand DECOUTY @ INRIA-IRISA (Centre de Rennes) -----
| IRISA - INRIA                |  EMAIL : decouty@irisa.fr                    |
| Campus de Beaulieu           |  UUCP  : {mcvax,inria!}irisa!decouty         |
| F-35042 Rennes Cedex         |          decouty@irisa.UUCP                  |
| FRANCE                       |  BITNET: DECOUTY@FRCICB71                    |
| PHONE : +33  99 36 20 00 | TELEX : 950473 UNIRISA | FAX  : +33  99 38 38 32 |