[comp.sys.atari.st] MONO- & COLOR-emulators

GASPARD@HROEUR5.BITNET (04/07/88)

Because I have seen no mail about it, I think it's not known to the ST-users.
There are 2 monochrome and color-emulators for the ST now.
This little programs makes it possible to run color-programs on a monochrome sys
tem or monochrome-programs on a color-system.
I have tested them both, and they have both other options.
But one thing is for sure: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

The first is distributed (in holland) by the dutch ST-foundation, outside hollan
d proberly by ROBTEC.
The other is sold by GFA-System-technick in germany.
The first will cost about 20 US-dollar and the other about 45 US dollar.

Bert Rozenberg
Dutch ST-Foundation.

Disclaimer:
YES I'm connected to the dutch ST-foundation but not to GFA.
The ST-Foundation is NOT commercial.

john@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (John Stanley) (04/14/88)

In article <8804071050.AA25384@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> GASPARD@HROEUR5.BITNET writes:
 >Because I have seen no mail about it, I think it's not known to the ST-users.
 >There are 2 monochrome and color-emulators for the ST now.

  Make that three...  There's also OmniRes developed by Silicon
Springs in Canada.  It's available thru E.A.Brown in the U.S.

	OmniRes ($34.95 + $4.95 P&H = $39.90)
	E. Arthur Brown Co.
	3404 Pawnee Dr.
	Alexandria, Mn. 56308
	U.S.A.
	(612)-762-8847

 >This little programs makes it possible to run color-programs on
 >a monochrome system or monochrome-programs on a color-system.
 >I have tested them both, and they have both other options.
 >But one thing is for sure: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!
 >
 >The first is distributed (in holland) by the dutch
 >ST-foundation, outside holland proberly by ROBTEC.
 >The other is sold by GFA-System-technick in germany.
 >The first will cost about 20 US-dollar and the other about 45 US dollar.

  How about more information on addresses to send to and prices?  I'm
sure I'm not the only person interesed in seeing the alternatives...
OmniRes does a reasonable job, but I'd sure like to see if the others
can handle some of the programs OmniRes won't work with.. (Especialy
certain games I'd love to be able to use on my mono monitor... :^)

 >Bert Rozenberg
 >Dutch ST-Foundation.
 >

 >Disclaimer:
 >YES I'm connected to the dutch ST-foundation but not to GFA.
 >The ST-Foundation is NOT commercial.

Disclaimer:  I have no connection to Silicon-Springs or E.A.Brown...
              (I just buy their software.. :)

---
John Stanley (john@viper.UUCP)
Software Consultant - DynaSoft Systems
UUCP: ...{amdahl,ihnp4,rutgers}!meccts!viper!john