[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm 2.0c

sam@garfield.UUCP (Sam Mesbah) (04/12/88)

Is it just me or what.  I downloaded Uniterm 2.0c from
comp.binaries... and the xmodem doesn't work.  I set it up
exactly the same way as in Uniterm 2.0a but 2.0c always
gives a 'bad chksum' error.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanx,
Sam Mesbah
sam@garfield.uucp
(I'm not too sure of my address)

martin@lakesys.UUCP (Martin Wiedmeyer) (04/13/88)

Somehow Part 12 of the UniTerm 2.0c distribution never made it here. Could
someone please mail it to me?

Thanks in advance,

Marty Wiedmeyer
martin@lakesys.UUCP
--
|	Marty Wiedmeyer				                           |
|       Lake Systems, Milwaukee, WI                                        |

K538915@CZHRZU1A.BITNET (04/14/88)

Whoops, there is a bug in the code for caculating the checksum
in UniTerm's (2.oc 008 and 009) XModem (CRC work's ok), to fix
change the sequence

      064000FF

(only occurs once) to

      024000FF

for the more nervous here's a few more bytes around the problem..

      660C
      D019
      064000FF
      51CBFFF8
      4ED0

                              Sorry
                                 Simon Poole

                       Bitnet: K538915@CZHRZU1A
                       UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole

R_Tim_Coslet@cup.portal.com (04/14/88)

Sam Mesbah    sam@garfield.uucp     writes:
>Is it just me or what.  I downloaded Uniterm 2.0c from
>comp.binaries... and the xmodem doesn't work.  I set it up
>exactly the same way as in Uniterm 2.0a but 2.0c always
>gives a 'bad chksum' error.
>
>Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Yes, I have encountered problems like this with Uniterm 2.0c 008
but thought I might have misconfigured something. I still
have my Uniterm 2.0a 006 to fall back to if 2.0c doesn't work
(and I can't figure out how to get around it) but I haven't
had a chance to experiment with 2.0c much yet (only got it monday).