[comp.sys.atari.st] nethack for the st

cdbenaiah@trillium.waterloo.edu (Charles Benaiah) (03/26/88)

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Nethack for the st?

Sources would be preferable, but executables are fine.

There was a person on rec.games.hack that said he had a copy but for some
reason, he continously delayed the posting date.

Thanks in advance Charles.

atoenne@laura.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) (03/28/88)

In article <6006@watdragon.waterloo.edu> cdbenaiah@trillium.waterloo.edu (Charles Benaiah) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Nethack for the st?
>Sources would be preferable, but executables are fine.

I'm right now debugging Nethack 2.2 for the atari st.
It will be posted to a german atari newsgroup and if it seems to be
fairly bug free i'll post it to comp.binaries.atari.st.
You don't want the sources as they are about 900KB large.
The binaries including some text will be about 300 KB (arc + uuencode)

	Andreas Toenne

weber@incas (03/28/88)

>/* Written  7:34 am  Mar 26, 1988 by cdbenaiah@watdrago in incas:comp.sys.at.st */
>There was a person on rec.games.hack that said he had a copy but for some
>reason, he continously delayed the posting date.

That person probably was me... I ported 1.4f and posted a note to this effect.
Nobody replied - neither by mail nor via notes/news. As NetHack (even the
binaries) is BIG, I didn't want to tie up USENET resources just for the
sake of posting NetHack.

A number of people play this version (enhanced and fixed 1.4f) for a long
time now - to the best of my knowledge it never panic'ed or bombed; even
save and restore work :-). 1.4f is outdated by now, but if anybody wants it,
contact me. The major drawback of this version is the minimal support for
floppy-only systems (it definitely is playable, though) - which has kept
me from mailing diffs to Mike.

As an alternative, contact Andreas Toennne (..!uunet!unido!laura!atoenne);
he will release his port of 2.2 sooner or later.

Markus Weber, University of Kaiserslautern, Fed. Rep. of Germany
UUCP: ...!uunet!unido!uklirb!incas!weber

whitbye@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Borf Gross Idiot) (04/16/88)

Is there any chance of you giving me a copy of the source for nethack.
And by the way do you know of anywhere i could get a copy of the source for
rogue for the st.