From: Peter da Silva <peter%sugar.UUCP@uunet.UU.NET>
Newsgroups: comp.std.unix
Subject: Re: 8-Bit ASCII Standard on UNIX-POSIX
Date: 14 Apr 88 00:54:17 GMT
Apparently-To: std-unix-list

From: peter@sugar.UUCP (Peter da Silva)

>  From: guy@Sun.COM (Guy Harris)
> The ISO 8859/1 character set, also known as "ISO Latin
> Alphabet #1", has been adopted or will be adopted by a number of vendors for
> Western European use; AT&T ... Sun ... Apollo ... DEC ...

Add the Commodore Amiga and (I think) the Atari ST to the list...
--
-- Peter da Silva      `-_-'      ...!hoptoad!academ!uhnix1!sugar!peter
-- "Have you hugged your U wolf today?" ...!bellcore!tness1!sugar!peter

Volume-Number: Volume 13, Number 51

---end forwarded message---

Thanks,
-c
|Chip Roberson                ARPANET:  csrobe@icase.arpa                 |
|1105 London Company Way      BITNET:   $csrobe@wmmvs.bitnet              |
|Williamsburg, VA 23185       UUCP:     ...!uunet!pyrdc!gmu90x!wmcs!csrobe|
      "One world is enough, for all of us..."         - The Police.

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (04/17/88)

NO!

> it.  Does the ST actually conform to this extended character set?
> [ISO Latin-1].

No.  It does have many of Latin-1's characters, but in different positions.
I have a translation table that maps Latin-1 to ST codes, if anyone is interested.