[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari ST running PC-Ditto 3 on hard disk

mshiels@watmath.waterloo.edu (Michael A. Shiels) (04/18/88)

Can an ATARI ST with a ICD Host Adapter/4070A controller and miniscribe
40 meg harddisk run PC-Ditto on it??  Does the ICD software support multiple
partitions for operating systems other than GEN??

Thanx.
--
  Michael A. Shiels (MaS Network Software)
  mshiels@watmath.waterloo.EDU

sreeb@pnet01.cts.com (Ed Beers) (04/19/88)

mshiels@watmath.waterloo.edu (Michael A. Shiels) writes:

>Can an ATARI ST with a ICD Host Adapter/4070A controller and miniscribe
>40 meg harddisk run PC-Ditto on it??  Does the ICD software support multiple
>partitions for operating systems other than GEN??
>
>Thanx.
>--
>  Michael A. Shiels (MaS Network Software)
>  mshiels@watmath.waterloo.EDU
>UUCP: ...path...!watmath!mshiels

I'm using an ICD Host Adapter/4000A controller with a seagate 225.  I was able
to install PC-Ditto 3 on my drive and boot pc-dos 3.2.  I'm using supra 2.62
boot software.  Hint: you need to write 1 file to the disk using the ICD
routines before the supra software will see the disk.  I don't have any thing
other than the GEM/DOS partitions to know if the ICD software support other
operating systems but wouldn't expect any problems.

UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!sreeb
ARPA: crash!pnet01!sreeb@nosc.mil
INET: sreeb@pnet01.cts.com