[comp.sys.atari.st] binary file editor

leo@sunybcs.uucp (Leo Wilson) (04/21/88)

In article <2848@crash.cts.com> sreeb@pnet01.cts.com (Ed Beers) writes:
>I found the sequence in uniterm.prg about 50200 bytes into the file.  My only
>binary file editor had no search capability so I hacked a C program to do it.
>Are there any PD binary file editors with search capability?

I downloaded an accesory from GENIE that does all you could want. It will
edit memory, disk sectors or binary files. It is GEM based, has a very
handy search capability, and is easy to use. The program is called MemFile
v1.3 and should be available in more public forems, too. Look around for it.
===
Leo E. Wilson  364 West Delavan Avenue  Buffalo, NY 14213  (716)883-7573
(leo@gort.cs.Buffalo.EDU)    ...!sunybcs[!leow]!leo    leo@sunybcs.bitnet

singer@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (Matthew R. Singer) (04/21/88)

In article <10383@sunybcs.UUCP>, leo@sunybcs.uucp (Leo Wilson) writes:
> I downloaded an accesory from GENIE that does all you could want. It will
> edit memory, disk sectors or binary files. It is GEM based, has a very
> handy search capability, and is easy to use. The program is called MemFile
> v1.3 and should be available in more public forems, too. Look around for it.
                                              ^^^^^^
                                              ^^^^^^

I just couldn't resist...

I assume he meant forum, but if not, then it should have been FoReM...

Matt Singer

a Friend of RickEy Moose

martin@lakesys.UUCP (Martin Wiedmeyer) (04/21/88)

In article <10383@sunybcs.UUCP> leo@sunybcs.UUCP (Leo Wilson) writes:

>I downloaded an accesory from GENIE that does all you could want. It will
>edit memory, disk sectors or binary files. It is GEM based, has a very
>handy search capability, and is easy to use. The program is called MemFile
>v1.3 and should be available in more public forems, too. Look around for it.

How about posting it? Or would you consider mailing me a copy? Sounds like a
very handy utility.

Marty Wiedmeyer
martin@lakesys
--
|	Marty Wiedmeyer				                           |
|       Lake Systems, Milwaukee, WI                                        |