[comp.sys.atari.st] UniTerm XMODEM ... Binary Scan Programs

tim@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Tim Northrup) (04/21/88)

From article <2848@crash.cts.com>, by sreeb@pnet01.cts.com (Ed Beers):

> I found the sequence in uniterm.prg about 50200 bytes into the file.  My only
> binary file editor had no search capability so I hacked a C program to do it.
> Are there any PD binary file editors with search capability?

I just downloaded a great little desk accessory from GEnie -- its called
MEMFILE, and provides binary display/search/modification to memory,
disk sectors and files.  It is extremely handy, and works very well.
I used it to patch the UniTerm program in less than a minute.

I highly recommend it.

--
Tim "The Enchanter" Northrup
----------------------------				   "She's strange,

frankg@nikhefk.UUCP (Frank Geerling) (04/23/88)

In article <3330@brspyr1.BRS.Com> tim@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Tim Northrup) writes:
>From article <2848@crash.cts.com>, by sreeb@pnet01.cts.com (Ed Beers):
[deleted some lines ]
>MEMFILE, and provides binary display/search/modification to memory,
>disk sectors and files.  It is extremely handy, and works very well.
>I used it to patch the UniTerm program in less than a minute.
>
>I highly recommend it.
>
>--
>----------------------------				   "She's strange,
>tim@brspyr1.BRS.Com  or  uunet!steinmetz!brspyr1!tim	    and I like it!"

Why don't you post it to the moderator..

			   Frank Geerling
			(frankg@nikhefk.uucp)

Usenet:		{seismo, philabs, decvax}!mcvax!frankg@nikhefk

Normal mail:	Frank Geerling