[comp.sys.atari.st] Turbodos question

franco@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (04/19/88)

My version of TurboDos seems to eat up about 190K.  Is that the right
amount or is there something wrong?

franco@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu (Thomas Wolf) (04/24/88)

Someone who doesn't have access to usenet would like to know how she could
get TurboDos to run (and which it currently doesn't) on her system.

Her configuration is as follows:

"... I am running a 520 stfm (upgraded to 1 meg) - with one ss/dd floppy. I
have a 20 meg Seagate partitioned to 10 and 11 megs as drives c and d..."

I'm not sure what utilities she uses to drive her Seagate, but I could ask
if necessary.  My main question is:  Has anyone else been able to successfully
run TurboDos with a non-Supra, non-Atari Hard disk configuration?

Any information/help would be appreciated.

Tom Wolf

Tom Wolf
ARPA (I think): tw@cscosl.ncsu.edu
          or  wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu

franco@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (04/24/88)

I have a seagate 251 formatted RRL to 40meg, 2 single sided floppy drives,
and 1 meg of ram.  TurboDOS has not failed once yet on my equipment.

sreeb@pnet01.cts.com (Ed Beers) (04/27/88)

wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu (Thomas Wolf) writes:
>Someone who doesn't have access to usenet would like to know how she could
>get TurboDos to run (and which it currently doesn't) on her system.
>
>Her configuration is as follows:
>
>"... I am running a 520 stfm (upgraded to 1 meg) - with one ss/dd floppy. I
>have a 20 meg Seagate partitioned to 10 and 11 megs as drives c and d..."
>
>I'm not sure what utilities she uses to drive her Seagate, but I could ask
>if necessary.  My main question is:  Has anyone else been able to successfully
>run TurboDos with a non-Supra, non-Atari Hard disk configuration?
>
>Any information/help would be appreciated.
>
>Tom Wolf
>

>Tom Wolf
>ARPA (I think): tw@cscosl.ncsu.edu
>          or  wolf@csclea.ncsu.edu

I'm using an ICD controller with the Supra 2.62 driver and it works fine.
Messages on our local board indicate that the Haba disks aren't compatible.

UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!sreeb
ARPA: crash!pnet01!sreeb@nosc.mil
INET: sreeb@pnet01.cts.com