[comp.sys.atari.st] OS-9 68K

mikep@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Pluta) (04/27/88)

I had heard several years ago that Microware was working on a port of it's OS-9
operating system to the Atari ST.  Has this in fact transpired?

--
Michael J Pluta (mikep@lakesys.UUCP) c/o   |
Tri-Sys Computer Corp., Inc.               |

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (04/27/88)

In article <616@lakesys.UUCP>, mikep@lakesys.UUCP (Mike Pluta) writes:

> I had heard several years ago that Microware was working on a port of it's OS-9
> operating system to the Atari ST.  Has this in fact transpired?

It has--as a matter of fact, various users of OS-9/68K on the Atari have been
known to post messages on comp.sys.atari.st.  (Avy Moise comes to mind.)

		James Jones

HELLER@cs.umass.EDU (Stride 440 User) (04/29/88)

OS-9/68000 (V2.2) on the ST is alive and well.  $600 buys "Profession OS-9":
comes with a full set of utilities (sans network stuff), umacs, C compiler,
Macro assembler, linker and user-state debugger.  For somewhat less (I
forget the amount - something like $200 more or less) you can get
"Personal OS-9" - this gives you BASIC and not much else (I supposed you can
run "canned" programs developed under the professional version).

Contact Microware directly for full details...
				Robert