[comp.sys.atari.st] 2 CAD 3-D animation questions

Friesen@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA (05/01/88)

I was doing a CAD 3-D animation, and accidentally saved my file as a
sequential image file (without realizing it) instead of an animation
file.  I was wondering if there is a way to change the type of file it
is so I can view it as an animation.

P.S.

If you have a 3 Meg animation on a disk, and you have a 1 Meg computer,
can you play that animation, or does it have to be fully
memory-resident?

Thanks in advance

Aric Friesen

Addresses:  Genie:  A.FRIESEN ARPA:  Friesen%PCO@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA

"Exterminate!  Exterminate!"---Daleks

davidli@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Dave Meile) (05/02/88)

In article <880501032101.318284@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA> Friesen%PCO@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA writes:
>If you have a 3 Meg animation on a disk, and you have a 1 Meg computer,
>can you play that animation, or does it have to be fully
>memory-resident?

There is a program called HDVIEW.PRG, which reads the animation from Hard
Disk, allowing you to view >memory size animations.  Last I knew, it was on
GEnie.  Don't know about anwhere else.  If enough people wanted it, I could
look for the doc file and ARC it back together and send it to lakesys and
uh-info.

-- Dave Meile