[comp.sys.atari.st] Blitter Information?

mts338@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (04/28/88)

Does anybody have any information about the Blitter (registers, hog mode,
benchmarks, etc.)? I haven't seen anything and am curious. Maybe someone
at Atari (APRATT?) can post something?

Thanks.

/--------------------------------------------------------\
|You say the hill's too steep to climb...Try climbing... |
\----------------------------------------------Pink Floyd/

rogers@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Bob Rogers) (04/30/88)

In article <111500006@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mts338@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Does anybody have any information about the Blitter (registers, hog mode,
>benchmarks, etc.)? I haven't seen anything and am curious. Maybe someone
>at Atari (APRATT?) can post something?

According to Atari it will be available for current ST owners in September -
1986 :-(  !

I've about quit expecting it myself :-) !
--

Bob Rogers					        rogers@StPaul.NCR.COM
NCR Comten, St. Paul, MN

c162-br@zooey.Berkeley.EDU (Warner Young) (05/03/88)

In article <111500006@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mts338@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Does anybody have any information about the Blitter (registers, hog mode,
>benchmarks, etc.)? I haven't seen anything and am curious. Maybe someone
>at Atari (APRATT?) can post something?

	As a developer, I've received two documents about the blitter,
one about "programming" it, and the other is a general purpose document
describing the chip and how it works.  I'm not sure of the legality of
posting these, but if Allan Pratt or Roy Good (people at Atari, in any
case) do not object, then I'll go ahead and post them.  I'm afraid I
would not have the time to email them to individual people, though,
unless the demand was very low.

				- Warner Young
				c162-br@zooey.Berkeley.EDU