[comp.sys.atari.st] Supra's FD-10 10 Meg Disk Drive

Friesen@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA (05/01/88)

I just saw (actually about a month ago, but I havn't seen anyone post
about it so here goes) the Supra FD-10 disk drive in "Byte".  This drive
allows you to save ten megabytes on a 5 1/4 floppy disk.  It acts as a
hard disk, and is said to take 80 milliseconds to access.  It comes with
software and cables.  It plugs into the DMA port, and costs $895 for the
Atari and Mac, and $1095 for the Amiga<--Ha Ha they have to pay more
he,he.  :-)

I called up my Atari dealer, and they said that they had talked to Supra
a week ago.  Supra was finishing the software, and the store expected to
have it in about two weeks.

If you want more info, contact Supra yourself:  Supra Corp.  1133
Commercial Way Albany OR 97321 Phone:  (503) 967-9075

Aric Friesen

Addresses:  Genie:  A.FRIESEN ARPA:  Friesen%PCO@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA

"Exterminate!  Exterminate!"---Daleks

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (05/03/88)

In article <880501035227.357484@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA> Friesen%PCO@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA writes:
>I called up my Atari dealer, and they said that they had talked to Supra
>a week ago.  Supra was finishing the software, and the store expected to
>have it in about two weeks.

I hope they do release this soon too.  But they (Supra) have been telling me
two weeks for at least a year.

Does anybody have a beta of this drive?
--
David Beckemeyer			| "To understand ranch lingo all yuh
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| have to do is to know in advance what