[comp.sys.atari.st] list of changes and additions in new ROMS

rfpfeifle@violet.waterloo.edu (Ron Pfeifle) (05/07/88)

Hi.  Instead of asking "when are the new ROMs going to be available", I'd
like to pose a different question...

Can someone post the list of bug fixes and enhancements which will be found
in the new ROMs (whenever they come out ;-).  The poster should preferably be
from Atari, since this is their baby.  Also, it would be nice to know if
the list is merely a prelim. list (ie, vaporspec) or the etched-in-stone
(silicon) list.

Thanks!

Ron

good@atari.UUCP (Roy Good) (05/10/88)

In article <6703@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, rfpfeifle@violet.waterloo.edu (Ron Pfeifle) writes:
> Hi.  Instead of asking "when are the new ROMs going to be available", I'd
> like to pose a different question...
>
> Can someone post the list of bug fixes and enhancements which will be found
> in the new ROMs (whenever they come out ;-).  The poster should preferably be
> from Atari, since this is their baby.  Also, it would be nice to know if
> the list is merely a prelim. list (ie, vaporspec) or the etched-in-stone
> (silicon) list.

We will post a summary listing of new features and fixes at the time the
product is released for external test. It is right now in internal test,
with development (ie new things) essentially frozen. We have taken some
extra time to add performance enhancements beyond those originally
intended, and are now doing multiple cycles of regression testing against
a library of some 800 games and programs, as well as "try to break it"
type testing.

Roy J. Good
Product Development, Atari Corporation

Views expressed are my own. Atari may agree or disagree; they have the right.

achowe@watmsg.waterloo.edu (CrackerJack) (05/11/88)

>We will post a summary listing of new features and fixes at the time the
[...]
>intended, and are now doing multiple cycles of regression testing against
>a library of some 800 games and programs, as well as "try to break it"
                   =========
>type testing.

Games? Testing? Wow! Need any extra hired hands? :) I'm a qualified
breaker... 3 years of experience as a baby.

--
   achowe@watmsg.waterloo.edu     |"I AM THE DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS AND
 __                    _          | THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS"