[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari St ---> Amiga?

cjs900@csc.anu.oz (04/22/88)

Greetings net people.

I am posti
I am posting this to comp.sys.atari.st 'causen unfortunately our
site no longer receives comp.sysng -
Is there any truth to the rumour that there is forthcoming
an Atari-St Emulator for the Amiga? This may be another in
the longish line of 'Emulator Rumours' - but i'd like to know
whether this has any substance.

The idea is akin to putting a VW engine in a Porsche 8-D ,
but i have seen some nice ST proggies that i would like to
run, (mostly games...)

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris Stanek.

Computer Services Centre,
Australian National University.

rich@lakesys.UUCP (Rich Dankert) (05/11/88)

In article <31@csc.anu.oz> cjs900@csc.anu.oz writes:
>Greetings net people.
>I am posting this to comp.sys.atari.st 'causen unfortunately our
>site no longer receives comp.sysng -
>Is there any truth to the rumour that there is forthcoming
>an Atari-St Emulator for the Amiga? This may be another in
>the longish line of 'Emulator Rumours' - but i'd like to know
>whether this has any substance.

      I cannot say about an Amiga ST Emulator, but I can say that I have
read on GEnie that David Small, creator of the Magic Sac cart, that will
transform the ST into a Mac with 64K roms, is now working on an Amiga
emulator for the ST.

      Perhaps you might have read or sean something backwards ????

rich.....

UUCP: {Ihnp4,uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!rich

--
 Disclaimer: The words, expressions posted here are my own.....
 Nothing is ever so bad that it can't be made worse by trying to fix it

juancho@dgp.toronto.edu (John Buchanan) (05/11/88)

In article <31@csc.anu.oz> cjs900@csc.anu.oz writes:
>Is there any truth to the rumour that there is forthcoming
>an Atari-St Emulator for the Amiga? This may be another in

>The idea is akin to putting a VW engine in a Porsche 8-D ,
>but i have seen some nice ST proggies that i would like to
>run, (mostly games...)
	Oh NOOOOOO here we go again.  PLEEEEAse do not flame this guy.
If that is the way he thinks then it must be true for him.  Have a
quiet chuckle and hit 'n'
| Typical conversation on comp.[atari|amiga|mac].*		    |
My watch is better than yours.  It has multitasking, windows and
plays Old macdonald has a farm.  I will not listen to reason, of
course your watch is not as good as mine, in fact you are
silly for having bought it.  Sell it and buy my kind.
   o /
====X================================================================
   o \
John W. Buchanan                  Dynamic Graphics Project
               			  Computer Systems Research Institute
(416) 978-6619			  University of Toronto
juancho@dgp.toronto.edu
juancho@toronto.CSNET
{allegra,cornell,decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo}!utdgp!juancho

:Greetings net people.
:
:I am posti
:I am posting this to comp.sys.atari.st 'causen unfortunately our
:site no longer receives comp.sysng -
:Is there any truth to the rumour that there is forthcoming
:an Atari-St Emulator for the Amiga? This may be another in
:the longish line of 'Emulator Rumours' - but i'd like to know
:whether this has any substance.
:
:The idea is akin to putting a VW engine in a Porsche 8-D ,
:but i have seen some nice ST proggies that i would like to
:run, (mostly games...)
:
:Thanks in anticipation.
:
:Chris Stanek.
:
:Computer Services Centre,
:Australian National University.

	I know of no Atari emulator for the Amiga, or vise-versa.

Query:	Is this an attempt to introduce an Australian accent into
	your message?  I can almost picture it.

					-Matt

jac423@leah.Albany.Edu (Julius A Cisek) (05/12/88)

In article <31@csc.anu.oz>, cjs900@csc.anu.oz writes:
> Is there any truth to the rumour that there is forthcoming
> an Atari-St Emulator for the Amiga? This may be another in
> the longish line of 'Emulator Rumours' - but i'd like to know
> whether this has any substance.
>
> The idea is akin to putting a VW engine in a Porsche 8-D ,
> but i have seen some nice ST proggies that i would like to
> run, (mostly games...)

Well gee Chris. I'm glad you like some of those 'nice proggies' enough
to be midly interested in the emulator. Of course an ST emulator is
quite impossible, unless it will include much hardware. The ST clocks a
little faster than the Amiga so it would probably be a lot slower. There
used to be a rumour about an Amiga emulator for the ST! The program even
existed, but it was just a joke.

I'm not sure if you realize that your comment about the VW engine is not
really that funny. See, the Atari ST is becoming a more and more popular
computer every day. It has certainly outsold the Amiga. Nobody laughs at
the IBM-PC although both the ST and Amiga are superior computers.

Also, you may note that not all of the 'nice proggies' are games. The ST
has better music programs and better word processing than the Amiga.

Why is it that Amiga users get so pompous? I recall seeing a message on
the Atari Co. BBS where a frustrated Amiga user had a lot to say to all
the Atari ST users. It was really very silly, and only makes the Amiga
users look bad.

--
What about technology, computers, .------------------. J.A.Cisek
nuclear fusion?  I'm terrified of |Spectral Fantasies| jac423@leah.albany.edu

c60b-at@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (john->kawakami) (05/14/88)

I doubt if there is an ST Emulator on the Amiga.  Even if there were, it would
be terribly slow.  Same if there were an Amiga emulator on the ST.  Both
machines have a fair amount of system specific hardware (esp. in comparison
to the Muckintosh).
In article <779@leah.Albany.Edu> jac423@leah.Albany.Edu (Julius A Cisek) writes:
>Why is it that Amiga users get so pompous? I recall seeing a message on

Because their hardware is better.  But then again, the Atari 800 has better
hardware than the apple][ and C64; nicer OS too.  The Mac and PCs are not
as hot hardware-wise (except for the macII and 80386).  So there's hope yet
for Atari.  Remember Atari Computers, "ship out or suck d**k" ;-]

   :the:end:is:near:get:all:your:files:onto:another:machine:fast:
     John Kawakami    kawakami@zen.Berkeley.edu