[comp.sys.atari.st] aztec c

juancho@dgp.toronto.edu (John Buchanan) (01/19/88)

	I was just leafing through the Jan issue of BYTE and once again
looked at the aztec C ad with hope.  Guess what I saw?  Yes they claim
that they have a version.  They do request that we call about price.

	I do not live in the states so I can not use the 800 number
provided.  How about all you good folks in the US of A calling their
number and showing interest.  The number are as follows.

	1-800-221-0440
	In NJ or outside USA call 201 542-2121
	Telex 4995812
	Fax (201)542-8386

	The product is called
	Aztec C68k/At

| Typical conversation on comp.[atari|amiga|mac].*		    |
My watch is better than yours.  It has multitasking, windows and

john@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (John Stanley) (01/26/88)

In article <1988Jan19.091916.1842@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> juancho@dgp.toronto.edu (John Buchanan) writes:

 >	I was just leafing through the Jan issue of BYTE and once again
 >looked at the aztec C ad with hope.  Guess what I saw?  Yes they claim
 >that they have a version.  They do request that we call about price.
 >
 >	I do not live in the states so I can not use the 800 number
 >provided.  How about all you good folks in the US of A calling their
 >number and showing interest.  The number are as follows.
 >
 >	1-800-221-0440
 >	In NJ or outside USA call 201 542-2121
 >	Telex 4995812
 >	Fax (201)542-8386
 >
 >	The product is called
 >	Aztec C68k/At

  Seeing this, I quickly valted to the phone and let my fingers do the
walking.  The courtious person who answered said the compiler isn't
released yet.  It's currently undergoing "final betatesting" and
should be ready to be released in about two months.

  I for one will be very interested in seeing how "Laser C" holds up
to this new entry.  I've used Aztec on several other machines and have
found it to be a very professional, well written, -well-debugged-(!)
product.  If the ST version is anything like the other versions of
Aztec, Laser C may find a very stiff competitor waiting in the wings...

---
John Stanley (john@viper.UUCP)
Software Consultant - DynaSoft Systems
UUCP: ...{amdahl,ihnp4,rutgers}!meccts!viper!john

sreeb@pnet01.cts.com (Ed Beers) (05/14/88)

I see my dealer has copies of aztec c on the shelf.  Has anyone used it.  Is
it really worth $229 discounted?

UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!sreeb
ARPA: crash!pnet01!sreeb@nosc.mil
INET: sreeb@pnet01.cts.com