[comp.sys.atari.st] Touch-sensitive screens.

collinge@uvicctr.UUCP (Doug Collinge) (05/12/88)

Does anyone know of a touch-sensitive screen attachment for STs?

--
		Doug Collinge
		School of Music, University of Victoria,

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (05/20/88)

In article <405@uvicctr.UUCP> collinge@uvicctr.UUCP (Doug Collinge) writes:
>Does anyone know of a touch-sensitive screen attachment for STs?
>
>--
>		Doug Collinge

I know of two companies producing touch screens that can be
used with the Atari ST:

	Tektronix:
		They have a unit that can be retro-fitted on
		the ST 13" monitor.  I've written drivers for
		this one.  It works, but it is expensive,
		about $1100 in small quantities with no software.

	Micro Touch:
		Similar to above.   OEM pricing.  Performs slightly
		better than the Tek, in my opinion.
		Micro Touch has larger 19" touch screens too.

Another company (I forget the name) makes a screen that is like
a mesh that phyisically sticks to the face of the monitor.  It's
a lot cheaper than the above screens (which are actually glass),
but I'm not sure about the reliability or performace.

--
David Beckemeyer			| "Reckon the Ball's plumb open now,
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| and it's `swing partner'!"