[comp.sys.atari.st] Where can I find ST Minix?

root@rocky.cs.wisc.edu.CS.WISC.EDU (Charlie Root) (05/24/88)

(I assume that MINIX is now available -- There was talk about it about 5-6
months ago when I was reading this group regularly.)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of BOTH the executibles AND the
source for this OS?

Also, are there any ethernet/TCP-IP drivers available?

Your help is appreciated.

Jonathan Sadler
Computing Systems Lab (CSL)
University of Wisconsin - Madison

leo@sunybcs.uucp (Leo Wilson) (05/24/88)

In article <5774@spool.cs.wisc.edu> sadler@rocky.WISC.EDU (Jonathan Sadler) writes:
>(I assume that MINIX is now available -- There was talk about it about 5-6
>months ago when I was reading this group regularly.)

Nope, not quite yet. About a month ago AST posted to comp.minix saying that
it IS complete and HAS been delivered to Prentice-Hall, but they have to
tool up for distribution. Should be Real Soon Now ;-)

>Also, are there any ethernet/TCP-IP drivers available?

AST also said something about network support in yet another recent posting
(a brief summary of v1.3 improvements), but I don't know if it applies to
ST-MINIX, but something along these lines is being done.

Bottom line: Patience, it'll be along pretty quickly... Meanwhile, read the
comp.minix group or subscribe to (whatever the digest is called). Your very
legit questions are being answered.

===
Leo E. Wilson  364 West Delavan Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14213-1412 (716)883-7573
(leo@gort.cs.Buffalo.EDU)    ...!sunybcs[!leow]!leo    leo@sunybcs.bitnet