[comp.sys.atari.st] ST vs. Amiga

mstreet@pnet01.cts.com (Michael Street) (05/23/88)

Hi all of you out there in Net land. I've got a friend that wants to get a
68000 based micro. He doesn't know whether to get an ST or an Amiga. I told
him to get an ST. But he thinks I'm biased since I own a 520. I know some of
you out there have used both, so could you give him recommendations on which
computer to buy and facts to back them up? Thanks.

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!mstreet
ARPA: crash!pnet01!mstreet@nosc.mil
INET: mstreet@pnet01.cts.com
PAPERNET: 1184 Blackbird St.  El Cajon,  CA.  92020
SOUNDNET: (619) 449-3515

Spock: "They are not the hell your whales."

ltf@killer.UUCP (Lance Franklin) (05/24/88)

In article <2999@crash.cts.com> mstreet@pnet01.cts.com (Michael Street) writes:
>Hi all of you out there in Net land. I've got a friend that wants to get a
>68000 based micro. He doesn't know whether to get an ST or an Amiga. I told
>him to get an ST. But he thinks I'm biased since I own a 520. I know some of
>you out there have used both, so could you give him recommendations on which
>computer to buy and facts to back them up? Thanks.

I've often considered the possibility of creating a virus program that would
propagate along UseNet nodes, doing the following:

1) wake up once a week.
2) look thru comp.sys.amiga, searching for references to the ST.
3) look thru comp.sys.atari.st, searching for references to the Amiga.
4) compile the results of (2) and (3) above, determining the ratio of these
   references to those messages without references to the other machine.
5) if the ratio falls below 2 percent for the week, send out a message
   similar to the above.

Perhaps I no longer need to consider it....   :-)

Lance

--
| Lance T Franklin | |  Now accepting suggestions for clever, humourous or  |