[comp.sys.atari.st] Batch processing from GEM Desktop

#FJMORA@WMMVS.BITNET (05/25/88)

Hello,
In Info-Atari16 Digest   Monday, May 23, 1988   Volume 88 : Issue 263,
John Altendorf writes:

>Is there any way to use the equivalent of a batch file from the GEM
>desktop to allow the sequential execution of multiple programs simply
>by double clicking on a file icon?
>
>John Altendorf                       ...!hplabs!hp-pcd!jma

There is a variety of ways to do that. The one I use involve a command
line interpreter (CLI). You have at least command.prg from Atari and MSHELL
from Michtron. Then you run a text editor and you create a batch file
according to the syntax of your CLI. The extension of such files is usually
".BAT".
Next you click the Install Application item in the Option menu of the
Desktop (after selecting your CLI), and you enter ".BAT" on the line "File
Type". This will allow you to automatically run the CLI anytime you
double-click a .BAT file (given that the CLI is able to get the
file name passed by the Desktop. It works with MSHELL, I don't know
for the others). This way you get the same thing as double-clicking
the CLI and runnig the .BAT file from the CLI.

Regards,

     Frederic Mora                              BITNET:
     The College of William and Mary            #fjmora%wmmvs.bitnet
     Dept. of Computer Science
     Williamsburg, VA. 23185
     USA

     * "Was uns nicht vertoetet, verstaerkt uns."                             *
     *                                              Friedrich Nietzsche       *
     *  What does not kill us makes us stronger                               *

-