[comp.sys.atari.st] VIDEFX3D for Amiga; Atari equivalent?

lasibley@lion.waterloo.edu (Lance Arthur 'Bones' Sibley) (05/26/88)

The following article appeared in comp.sys.amiga and rec.video:

In article <3073@leo.UUCP> harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) writes:

>	VIDEFX3D is a new generation of video titling software for the Amiga.
>Where previous video packages dealt with simple video overlay transitions,
>this software does what is the equivelent of VideoScape3d, only much simpler.
>
>	You can use stantard generated titles, use polyfonts, use chrome fonts,
>etc. The fantastic thing about this package is the ability to move titles
>in planes of 3 dimensions. Of course this takes some compute time, but the
>playback is in realtime. The effects are very smooth and professional.

  Is there anything like this available for an Atari 1040ST? I am
  involved with a group called Slipshod productions which produces
  Star Trek parodies on video (NB this is for our own personal
  enjoyment, and *not* for profit; we don't plan on selling
  *anything* we produce, merely showing them at conventions, *free
  of charge*). Anyway, I have an Atari 1040ST, but I know next to
  nothing about graphics. It would be nice if I could get this
  package for my machine and then produce the credits for our
  projects.

  If there is such a package, would the quality be reduced considerably
  when used on a TV? I haven't got a colour monitor, and don't have the
  resources for acquiring one. (ie. I'm relatively broke)

  "Klingons appreciate strong women."           Lance A. Sibley
                     - Lt. Worf, "Angel One"    University of Waterloo
                                                Waterloo, Ontario

Thomas_E_Zerucha@cup.portal.com (05/29/88)

You can check out Cyber Studio from Antic.  For about $350 you can get the
three pieces - Cad 3d 2.0, Cyberpaint, and a motion control accessory.
Antic produced a video using this and it looks very impressive - and it
does not degrade too much using a TV, but might be harder to edit.  But it
will do the things you are asking about.