[comp.sys.atari.st] MWC V3.0 Update

Ralf_Bayer@62CSE1.CEO.DG.COM (05/16/88)

Has anybody received already received their upgrade for MWC 3.0? I
have mailed in my upgrade card on Easter Monday, and received nothing
up to now.
Thanx,
Ralf Bayer, Data General Corp., Germany

cyliax@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Ingo Cyliax) (05/17/88)

Yes, I just received my update yesterday and I installed it last night.
I haven't re-compiled anything yet. I did try the Csd on a couple of the
examples and it looks pretty neat, although "dbxtool" on suns it's not :-).
I wonder how it will do in real production with larger modules... The
resource editor looks nice too, but I don't have any good uses for it
right now.

Well anyway, 3.0 does really exist and is shipping.

--
/*                              Ingo Cyliax                               *
 * ...!ihnp4!pur-ee!cyliax      ECN, Electrical Engineering Bldg.         *

jsp@sp7040.UUCP (John Peters) (05/21/88)

In article <3096@ea.ecn.purdue.edu>, cyliax@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Ingo Cyliax) writes:

> Yes, I just received my update yesterday and I installed it last night.
> I haven't re-compiled anything yet. I did try the Csd on a couple of the
> examples and it looks pretty neat, although "dbxtool" on suns it's not :-).
> I wonder how it will do in real production with larger modules... The
> resource editor looks nice too, but I don't have any good uses for it
> right now.

	While trying to debug a large bit of code (6 files about 30,000 lines
of code, one of the files produced by a special processor) I ran into the
problem of "where the heck am i".  My brother is a Beta tester for MWC and
had beta test version 2.9 (or the version with 2.9 beta MWC).  I took my code
over to his place, recompiled it and started looking through it with CSD.
Ran into immediate problems.  I don't know about the shiped version but #line
preprocessor statements got this version lost.  I edited the file produced
by my special processor to delete the #line statements and retried.  I had the
answer to my addressing problems figured out, fixed, tested and gone 10 minutes
latter.  My opinion of CSD is:

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Product of the year for the ST.  One other little problem is I can't seem to
get it to work with Beckmeyers Multi tasking Shell but I think it is something
I have set up wrong.  I am looking forward to the new manuals coming out but
I might suggest to Mark Williams (or David Beckmeyer) that they include a
section on setting up MWC and the MT-Shell to run together.

				--  Johnnie  --

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (06/01/88)

In article <400@sp7040.UUCP> jsp@sp7040.UUCP (John Peters) writes:
>I might suggest to Mark Williams (or David Beckmeyer) that they include a
>section on setting up MWC and the MT-Shell to run together.
>
>				--  Johnnie  --

Excellent idea.   I'll write something up.  Look for something on the BDT BBS
soon:  (415) 452-4792.
--
David Beckemeyer			| "Reckon the Ball's plumb open now,
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| and it's `swing partner'!"