[comp.sys.atari.st] FATSPEED WORKS!!!!

med@druhi.ATT.COM (Myron Drapal) (06/09/88)

I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about fatspeed at first
(with all the stupid viruses around), but I backed up my drive, write
protected it, bit the bullet, and...

	It works wonderfully!!!!  I can't believe the difference it
	makes!  I've got an 8+ Meg partition that was almost full (read
	slow, slower, slowest...), and copied files to it.  It seems
	like an almost empty partition.

Thanks to Uli Kuebler, the spring is now back in my ST!

					Myron Drapal
					AT&T Denver
					..!ihnp4!druhi!med

P.S.  Uli did in a few months what Atari can't do in 3+ years.  And he
      doesn't expect mega-$$ for fixing a bug he didn't even create...

juancho@dgp.toronto.edu (John Buchanan) (06/13/88)

In article <3129@druhi.ATT.COM> med@druhi.ATT.COM (Myron Drapal) writes:
>I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about fatspeed at first
>(with all the stupid viruses around), but I backed up my drive, write
>protected it, bit the bullet, and...
>
>	It works wonderfully!!!!  I can't believe the difference it
>	makes!  I've got an 8+ Meg partition that was almost full (read
>	slow, slower, slowest...), and copied files to it.  It seems
>	like an almost empty partition.

When I tried it I could not get it to work.  I got an installation failed
error=2 message.

Another question:  I finally got flight simulator from subLogic to work
	on My ICD hard drive with ICD software.  However, every week or so,
	I need to copy fresh files over on to the hard disc.  Does any one
	have an explanation for this.  The error that I get is "Cannot read
	the disk can you check to ensurer that the disk in in the drive."

engst@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Adam C. Engst) (06/18/88)

I've been away for a few weeks and seem to have missed something.  What is
this FATSPEED and is there a server where I can get it?
                                             Thanks, Adam
--
Adam C. Engst					engst@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
             					pv9y@cornella.bitnet