[comp.sys.atari.st] Wall Street Wizard

forbesr@ecf.toronto.edu (Robert James Forbes) (06/25/88)

This is an unabashed advertisement for a new stock market simulation
called `WALL STREET WIZARD' available for the ST.  This is being privately
distributed (for now) so I thought I'd let you know.  An abbreviated version
of the game has just appeared in the latest issue of STart magazine.

Wall Street Wizard is a stock market misulation that runs on any ST (but you
need a colour monitor).  The object of Wall Street Wizard is to begin with
$10 000 and turn that into a million dollars in a year.  Your job is
to buy and sell (the way your capitalist friends do).  The computer
informs you of occasional market flurries and generally does its best
to reproduce the market at its wildest.  Industry insiders may try to
sway your buying decisions but a little discernment is required.
You don't have to go it alone -- three stockbrokers (Wildeyed Willy,
Cautious Charlie and Nervous Norman) can be consulted with a click
and a little cash.  The Market index shows you how well each company
is performing; well, how it has performed so far -- how it will
perform is the question, isn't it?

So far, I'm told (by its creator) that Wall Street Wizard is getting
rave reviews from around the world.  One stock broker wrote to find
out how he could buy stock -- in the game!  Well, you can't yet.  But
you can get the full version of the game, complete with margin
trading, company financial reports and three levels of play.

For ordering information, contact Tony Lovell, Lovell Marketing, 699
Eglinton Ave. West, Suite 207, Toronto, Ontario M5N 1C6, Canada.
Or, heck, send your name to me.  I'll pass it on to Tony.

It seems to me that you may learn how to invest all that money that
you make at your job a lot more wisely after playing a few rounds
of Wall Street Wizard.  And, in the meantime you won't lose your
proverbial ...

_____________________________
Bob Forbes
Dept. of EE, University of Toronto

klute%trillian.irb@unido.uucp (Rainer Klute) (06/27/88)

In article <642@vrga.ecf.toronto.edu> forbesr@ecf.toronto.edu (Robert James Forbes) writes:
>Wall Street Wizard is a stock market misulation that runs on any ST (but you
>need a colour monitor).

This and the [stuff deleted] sounds very interesting but it is
completly useless to me if it does not support a monochrome
monitor. Is a monochrom version really so hard to establish?

|   Rainer Klute            | UUCP:   klute@unido.uucp                 |
|   University of Dortmund  |            (...uunet!mcvax!unido!klute)  |
|   Dept. of CS             | BITNET: klute@unido.bitnet               |
|   P.O. Box 500500         |                                          |
| D-4600 Dortmund 50        |                                          |
|                     Federal Republic of Germany                      |