[comp.sys.atari.st] Mono shakes/Uniterm blues

SKF8192@TAMSIGMA.BITNET (KEITH FISCHER -- GENERIC USER) (06/15/88)

I have a SM124 Monochrome monitor.  I just recently moved and now the
screen endlessly shakes and quivers.  Is there some adjustment I can
make to correct the problem?

I am using UniTerm V2.0c and love it.  I do have one question though.
When I have the RS232 settings at 2400bps 7bits 1 stop Even I do not get
the OK response back from the modem or the CONNECT 2400 message.  When
I am using Kermit 0.9(40) on my Magic Sac with the same settings I do get
the response.  Is this a problem with Uniterm or with my modem?

Thanks for the Help.

Keith Fischer

Bitnet: skf8192@tamsigma

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (06/20/88)

In article <8806150400.AA20432@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> SKF8192@TAMSIGMA.BITNET (KEITH FISCHER -- GENERIC USER) writes:
>I have a SM124 Monochrome monitor.  I just recently moved and now the
>screen endlessly shakes and quivers.  Is there some adjustment I can
>make to correct the problem?

Check for sources of magnetic fields in the neibouhood of your SM124.

My Philips color monitor, Atari pover supply, Epson printer (and so on)
got moved far away of my SM124 for that reason.

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
High on a rocky promontory sat an Electric Monk on a bored horse. (D. Adams)

Alice_Helen_Amore@cup.portal.com (06/22/88)

My monochrome developed the shakes when I moved my system, too.  I discovered
that the display shook only when the refrigerator motor was cranking.  Move
your system to an isolated outlet and see if that helps.
Alice Amore

jpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert) (06/23/88)

-----------------------

My monochrome monitor shakes also.  A friend of mine has one and it
shakes and has a strange kind of tilt to it also.  Anyone know of a
good remedy?

John Joubert                         |     /\  |    /\    |     _
jpdres13@usl-pc.USL   or ...         |     \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|
ut-sally!usl!usl-pc!jpdres13         |-----/|-------/|----------------------
GEnie: J.JOUBERT                     |     \/       \/

leo@philmds.UUCP (Leo de Wit) (06/25/88)

Just joking...

In article <6738@cup.portal.com> Alice_Helen_Amore@cup.portal.com writes:
>My monochrome developed the shakes when I moved my system, too.  I discovered
>that the display shook only when the refrigerator motor was cranking.  Move
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>your system to an isolated outlet and see if that helps.
>Alice Amore

My hard disk drive uses a cooling fan, but you won't certainly get a
overheating problem 8-). Or maybe you're aiming for supra conduction ?

    Leo (Shake it, baby; Keep it cool, man.)

sethk@sco.COM (Seth Katz) (06/28/88)

chatterchatter<1495@usl-pc.UUCP>chatterchatterjpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert):

| jpdres13@usl-pc.USL   or ...         |     \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|
| ut-sally!usl!usl-pc!jpdres13         |-----/|-------/|----------------------
| GEnie: J.JOUBERT                     |     \/       \/
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My monochrome monitor shakes only when I have my color monitor on at the
same time. I use Monitor Master (Practical Solutions, and recommended),
but the problem is with the shielding of the monitor.
Hopefully, for some of you, all you have to do is turn off the color
monitor when using the mono one.
--
microsof                                "The transformation of waste is,
uunet         \____sco!sethk             perhaps, the oldest occupation of man."

jansen@atari.UUCP (Mark O. Jansen) (06/29/88)

in article <1495@usl-pc.UUCP>, jpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert) says:

> My monochrome monitor shakes also.  A friend of mine has one and it
> shakes and has a strange kind of tilt to it also.  Anyone know of a
> good remedy?

Make sure none of your power supplies are close to the monitor.  Also,
check around to make sure there are no transformers nearby; the mono
monitor doesn't like their company much.

With power supplies and other transformers away, the monochrome monitor
is gorgeous.