[comp.sys.atari.st] PKARC/PKXARC for the ST: does it exist yet ?

VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1.BITNET (07/01/88)

A few weeks ago several people mentioned that they knew of (a) version(s) of
a PKARC/PKXARC compatible version of ARC for the ST.

Has someone completed such an ARC version ? Is it available on a server
somewhere on BITNET ?

Thanks for any and all help.

Bitnet:  VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1                              Volker A. Brandt
UUCP:    ...!unido!DBNUAMA1.bitnet!vbrandt             Angewandte Mathematik
ARPAnet: VBRANDT%DBNUAMA1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU       (Bonn, West Germany)

In article <8807011642.AA24732@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1.BITNET writes:

>A few weeks ago several people mentioned that they knew of (a) version(s) of
>a PKARC/PKXARC compatible version of ARC for the ST.
>
>Has someone completed such an ARC version ? Is it available on a server
>somewhere on BITNET ?
>
>Thanks for any and all help.

This was posted to comp.binaries.atari.st a couple weeks ago. I have since
made a couple more changes to it, and will probably be sending the updated
binary file to a couple of the servers. (er... someone care to enlighten
me re: submitting stuff to a bitnet server?)

The two changes were:
	scan the argument list for leading '>' characters in a filename,
	and treat that as an output redirection, to allow redirection
	from the GEM desktop or from any of the various ARC shells.
	This code only recognizes '>' and ">>" and handles each correctly.

	Allow "*.*" to be equivalent to '*' for wildcard purposes. (The
	MWC library's pnmatch routine acts like Unix, and wants '*' to
	mean everything, but most people are more familiar with DOS,
	which uses "*.*" ... Oh well, I always used it from msh so I
	never noticed a problem...)

If there is sufficient interest, I will send the new executable file for
submission to the binaries newsgroup. You'll need to find the original
posting if you want to get the docs.
--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu