[comp.sys.atari.st] Degas Elite compressed format

dmb@TIS.COM (David M. Baggett) (07/11/88)

Jim McCabe writes:
> A few months ago, someone was kind enough to post the file formats
> of several different paint programs (Degas, Spectrum, Tiny, NEOchrome,
> etc...).  I saved the message in a file and gutted out the message
> header and whatnot, so I don't have the address of the user to
> posted them.  (sigh)
>
> My problem is that he doesn't list the format for Degas compressed
> files.  I know Degas Elite defaults to the compressed format, and
> if someone would post the compression scheme I would be very grateful.

I put the file together based on replies from info-atarians, and no one
gave me a Degas Elite compressed format description (either that or I
got one but I couldn't decipher it well enough -- I can't recall).

Anyone who has a clear description of the compressed format, please
mail it to me and I'll re-post the file formats list.

                        Thanks,
			Dave Baggett
			arpanet: dmb@TIS.COM