[comp.sys.atari.st] Help about MT C-Shell

fischer@netmbx.UUCP (Axel Fischer) (07/07/88)

I've just bought the MT C-Shell from Beckemeyer Development Tools and I've
two problems :

1) Has anyone rewritten cc.prg for the Lattice C (Metacomco) Compiler and
   could post me the prg ?

2) I'd like it much more to have white letters on black ground but when I
   start the C-Shell from the AUTO folder the normal screen appears and I
   have no idea how to set it revers. Is a chance to do so from the Shell
   (maybe include a litte prg call in my login.sh) or a program I put
   before the MT C-Shell in the AUTO folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciatet I'm stuck with this problem.

	-Axel

-----
Domain: fischer@netmbx.UUCP                  | What is now proved
Europe: ...!unido!tub!tmpmbx!netmbx!fischer  |      was once only imagined.
USA:    ...!pyramid!tmpmbx!netmbx!fischer    | (William Blake - The Marriage
-----

david@bdt.UUCP (07/12/88)

In article <2055@netmbx.UUCP> fischer@netmbx.UUCP (Axel Fischer) writes:
>I've just bought the MT C-Shell from Beckemeyer Development Tools and I've
>two problems :
>
>1) Has anyone rewritten cc.prg for the Lattice C (Metacomco) Compiler and
>   could post me the prg ?

I do not know of a version for Lattice, but the source is available from
our company BBS at (415) 452-4792 (type "bbs" at the login: prompt).  The
changes should not be that difficult if you know the arguments to the
individual compiler passes (I don't so I can't do it).

>2) I'd like it much more to have white letters on black ground but when I
>   start the C-Shell from the AUTO folder the normal screen appears and I
>   have no idea how to set it revers. Is a chance to do so from the Shell
>   (maybe include a litte prg call in my login.sh) or a program I put
>   before the MT C-Shell in the AUTO folder.

There are two ways.  A short program is not too difficult.  The Setpalete
TOS call will do the trick.  Another way is to simply use the Vt-52 emulator
escape sequences.  There is one to change the background color and another
to change the foreground color.  If the default colors of White, Red, Green,
and Black are set, then the following command will set the screen to white
characters on a black screen:

	echo "\033b0\033c3\033E"

The double quotes are required so the the \033 sequences are turned into
ESC (octal 33).   I hope this helps.

--
David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.uucp)	| "Yea I've got medicine..." as the
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| cookie cocks a his Colt, "and if